Kentucky native Dr. L. Douglas Knight has been practicing orthodontics since 1995. After receiving his undergraduate and dental degrees from the University of Kentucky, he joined the Army Dental Corps, where he served for 7 years in several military assignments.
He practiced General Dentistry for seven years before attending a two-year orthodontic residency program at New York University, where he earned his Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
Dr. Knight has completed a one-year advanced education program in general dentistry and a comprehensive two-year clinical continuing education program in Occlusion and Orthodontics at the Roth Williams Center for Functional Occlusion.
Orthodontic Awards & Board Certification
Now a board-certified member of the American Board of Orthodontics and a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, Dr. Knight lectures frequently on topics such as skeletal anchorage plates and dentoalveolar distraction osteogenesis (DDO). He is a recipient of the Pacesetter Award from the Roth Williams International Society of Orthodontists (RWISO) and recently was named one of the nation’s top dentists by Woodward/White, a highly respected publishing firm.
Internationally, Dr. Knight serves as the U.S. Director of the RWISO, as well as Director of the Full Face Course, which is the RWISO’s U.S. training center.
Locally, Dr. Knight is active in The East End Study Club, Kentucky Orthodontic Association, and serves as an Elder at Beargrass Christian Church. He has been a member of the Radcliff Rotary for over twenty years. He and his wife, Donna, have two children, Connor and Kendall.
Notable Accolades & Lectures
- Wisconsin Orthodontic Society – Milwaukee WI – April 2019
- American Association of Orthodontists – Los Angeles, CA – May 2019
- FACE Course – Lima, Peru – August 2019
- DDO Introduction – Moscow, Russia – December 2019
- FACE Course – Denver, CO January 2018
- Arnett Foundation Meeting – Santa Barbara, CA January 2018
- AAO Meeting – Washington, DC May 2018
- Surgical Orthodontics – Costa Rica August 2018
- FACE International Meeting – Vienna, Austria September 2018
- FACE Philosophy – University of Louisville College of Dentistry October 2018
- Surgical Orthodontics – Madrid, Spain November 2018
- Arnett Foundation Meeting – Santa Barbara, CA January 2019
- Interdisciplinary Meeting – Boston, MA January 2019
- American Equilibration Society – Chicago, IL February 2019